Monday, August 1, 2016

insights to sister sades life rn

to my returned from the wilderness familia,
Here are some more answers to Mal's questions along with some stories from this week. :)
 
What is the most stressful part of being a missionary? 
a. saying prayers in zone conference.
 
Jokes just kitten. 
The most stressful thing about being a missionary in my opinion would have to be....
Keeping in mind that there is always going to be room for imporvement. I'm always going to have to be working at something. I'm always going to be bad at something and good at other things. Keeping in mind that the gospel is all about progression. 
Always feeling like you can be doing something better than you are. 
Just because you were good at doing something with one companion doesn't mean it will stay like that with another. 
I guess in a non pity party way its just a way of saying battling the feeling of inadequacy. 
 
 
What is the most fun part of being a missionary?
a. YAY THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE!
I would say learning for alllll the millions of people you meet ever. 
Everyday we talk to so many people and I learn something from each one of them everyday! Here's a quick rundown of my day and who I might talk to.
 
1. Pop. 
He wakes up uber early and goes to the gym and gets his coke (aka another word for drink. usually gets blue powerade) then he comes home and sometimes makes us breakfast sometimes not. but every morning, I eat breakfast and hang out with him and talk to him about anything and everything. usually about the military. Some of my most favorite precious moments :)
 
2. Companion.
We study together in companion study and all throughout the days we get to learn from each other. Each companion you learn something that adds your mission together!
 
3. Service. 
We volunteer at a different place everyday so we meet a million people from them. 
 
Story time: We volunteer with a lady at the food bank in Alexandria and we just chat with her when we are there. Well last week when we were chatting she invited us to come over for dinner! 
Not just any casual dinner though. 
She lives about 45 minutes away in the Clifton Choctaw Community. 
like what. SHE LIVES IN A NATIVE AMERICAN COMMUNITY AND HER PEOPLE HAVE LIVED THERE SINCE THE 1800's AND IT WAS CRAZY COOL.
but thats not the end!!
Guess what she made us for dinner. 
INDIAN TACOS AND SHE LET US MAKE THEM TOO. WHAT. SHES THE COOLEST. 
So they live in the Choctaw community and she has 13 siblings. #whatiknow
but also they all are neighbors or live in the same giant house. 
We had a really really good time chilling with her. and her 6 other siblings who came. They thought it was hilarious that we were so excited and took pictures of everything :)
 
Ms. Hazel teaching us how to form the taco
 
Ms. Hazel & Ms. Vera showing us how its done
yikes harder than it looks
 
Indian Tacos!!!! and with powdered sugar on it, it is called indian frybread
 
 
 
 
4. Investigators. and who ever is at their house..
We are still teaching Brandon and he still is getting baptized soon! I learn alot from him because he is so so so passionate about the gospel. If I could choose one word to describe him it would be PUMPED. He is pumped about life. and the gospel. and he is really getting the ward pumped too!!!! The ward LOVES him. 
 
Also for other investigators especially in the hood, every time we go visit them there is a new person or personsss at their house. haha love them
 
5. tracting. 
oh man. You meet all kinds of people tracting. Learn what you want to be like and not want to be like. :) but mainly because people are so insanely open here. You meet them anywhere, street, doorstep, store, service, anything and they just start giving you their life story. How cool is that. 
 
Exchanges in Leesville, LA with the wonderful Sister Edwards. What we look like when we tract in the rain.
 
6. members. 
I love ward members!!!! I love the wards I'm in. I love the people that I get to talk to and meet. They really change my life.
 
side story:
We had a Ward Party this weekend for Pioneer day last week and it was at a BEAUTIFUL lake called Kincaid lake. It was gorgeous. It looked like McCall minus the meowtains. like what. who knew right. the water wasn't blue though.... #louisianaprobs #swamplife
 
 
Ward party at Kincaid lake orrr..... mccall ID???
Can I just tell you how hard it was to not get in the water? it was really hard. but it was a really really good time to talk to all the ward members and get to know them even more. SUCH a good opportunity.
 
7. missionaries. 
This is my number one right now. 
I am learning so so so much from the missionaries I am meeting recently. I admire them so much. 
The sisters I'm with on exchanges, the missionaries in our zone, the missionaries from MLC, the elders from my district.... So much love for missionaries.
ALSO BIG NEWS
We got Alexandria Elders back on Thursday (random I understand when next week is transfers) but that means we are back in Pineville as well!!
 
 
 
Birthday party for elder wilson with all my favorite people :)
  
 
What do you do to relax after you have had a frustrating or hard day?
a. take a hot shower and go to bed. 
That always makes it better :) 
A missionary in a Louisiana's advice after a long day:
Enter apartment. Plan. End planning and go take a hot shower. 
How do you take a hot shower when you've been in the million degrees all day? 
Well. I'm glad you asked :)
First you must turn the shower on cold and get cooled off. 
Then you take a hot shower and relax. 
Then after you have burned up and feel like you've been in the sauna, YOU CANT FORGET TO TURN IT TO COLD AGAIN. 
If you don't turn it cold again and cool off again then you wont sleep because you are hot. 
Its also very refreshing. Takes your breath away and feels like you just jumped into McCall lake :) 

Side Question: Why am I so busy on P-day recently?
In this area all the missionaries in my district come to the church in the afternoon to play volleyball and sports! 
But we also really try and get the ward members to come and our investigators! Its fun for us, our investigators get fun interactions with the church, and the members love it and love our investigators! 
BEST. IDEA. EVER. RIGHT.
 
Anyways. so yea. 
This is my life :) transfers next week so don't expect anything from me on monday
LOVESYALL
sister sades
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment