Tuesday, August 9, 2016

change

Yall. wowie wow wow. So much happened this week I don't even know what all happened. 
Please excuse this letter. Its going to come out on this email exactly as I'm saying it in my brain so I apologize. 
 
1. Transfer news
I am staying in Alexandria. 
Sister Pfleger is off to new adventures!
We are driving down to BR tomorrow and I will get a new companion to take and train as an STL.
So far the pattern continues that I am a two transfer companion. 
But in all honest I have learned alot from P-fleg and I will continue to laugh and reminisce on the time we had together :)
 
Changes: Incoming new companion, outgoing a fab, boise-pride, hilarious, awkward friend :)
 
2. The Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple
 
The BRL temple <3
 
 
YES. I GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE FINALLY. ITS BEEN TOO LONG. #HALLELUJAH 
I am so so so so grateful for the temple! We got to go to the temple the night before MLC and let me tell you. I have been missing it. This has been the longest I've ever not gone to to temple in... my whole temple going life! 
I learned so much in the temple but especially that God loves me. 
Whenever I go to the temple, Heavenly Father always reminds me that He is aware of me and will never stop being there for me. 
I had been kinda weighed down and I just really needed to go to the temple. When it started getting closer to our appointment time, I was curious if I would see anyone I knew, especially anyone from Covington. (I miss that place a whole lot) I said a little prayer hoping that I would see someone I knew. Just a familiar face or something! But I knew it was a very slim chance. Of all the days, of all the people in Louisiana and the area the temple covers.... It was slim. 
But Heavenly Father loves me. 
And I saw a friend from Covington! 
SUCH SWEET FEELINGS IN THE TEMPLE. 
SUCH SWEET FEELINGS FROM GOD
 
Change: feeling more: uplifted, love, learning, motivation, love, peace

3. MLC
 
 
 MLC was wonderful with a bunch of wonderful people. I am so so so so blessed to be able to learn from all these great leaders and from PHansen and SHansen.
Change: The LBRmission has changed so much it blows my mind sometimes. As an STL I get to go on exchanges and 3/4 of the sisters in my zone are training new missionaries. So I get to see how they are doing and what they want to accomplish very early on their mission. 
Let me tell you something.
These sisters are stellar. 
The sistas of mlc
I am beyond impressed. 
They have an incredible desire to be here and make a difference and do what God truly wants them to do. A huge desire to be obedient. 
I love the STL position because I get a chance to really get to know everyone in my zone and these missionaries are INCREDIBLE. 
This mission is changing for the better so much and it makes it so fun. 
MLC fam in the natural habitat. PHansens freezing house

4. ZTM
 Change: For the first time ever in my mission we had non missionaries at a Zone meeting.

Brandon is progressing very very well and is still set to get baptized August 20th. He is absolutely stellar and we meet with him everyday trying to keep him busy. He is still working on finding a job in Alexandria so he doesn't do a whole lot during the day so we invited him to come to our meeting with all the missionaries to give his investigator input! it was awesome. and all the missionaries fell in love with him.
 
I decided I need a poloroid. #ZTMfam
 
 
5. The ward loves us
 
 This is a picture of our matching BSU friendship bracelets with Bishop Stock. 
 
Change: Alexandria and Pineville wards have made a complete 180 turn around. We are really good homies with everyone who comes to church on sundays and we have a dinner set up every night this week from church families. We are friends with all the priesthood men and feel comfortable asking any of them to come to a lesson with us to help teach Brandon. I have been blown away by the love and excitement and help given to Brandon. Everyone wants to help him find a job and he has gotten 3 application ideas from people in the ward. like what. 
The ward loves us, we love them, they help us, they feed us, they befriend our investigator... like what??
I LOVE THIS.
 
All in all there are a million changes to talk about that make me so happy and I haven't even mentioned all of them. 
I love the mission. 
I love how the Spirit changes hearts.
I love my comp p-fleg
I love God. 
I love life
LOVE YALL MUCHO
sister sades
 
 
Didn't get a chance to talk about it but we went to a gator farm this weekend! it was amazing. Preston its a must. put it on your bucketlist
 
 
 
 
 
Louisiana swamps
 
 
 
 
 
Look familiar??? Matthew Greenlee from AJ's mission. He lives about an hour away from alec and came to visit sister belnap's sister, sister belnap. Did you catch that? ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment