Monday, August 29, 2016

i love temeca

A couple weeks ago we had an amazing experience.
 
Pre story: We had district meeting with the missionaries in the areas around us, Pineville and Alexandria elders, us, Marksville senior couple and elders. In district meeting we were talking about the people that we were working with and the Pineville elders brought up a lady named Jamika, and the Marksville senior couple thought they said Temeca because she was from Marksville. 
Thats it. Thats all that happened. 
 
Saturday afternoon Bishop called Sister Fristoe and asked her to give a talk the next day. #thanksbishop #lifeofamissionary
While she was preparing her talk that night, I needed to update our area book aka the records that we keep of every person we ever talk to and get their information from. 
I am updating and looking at things in the area book... And I see this name and it says "Temeca - 318-----" with her phone number. It also has a mini description that says she is from Marksville and moved to Alexandria and works at Chili's. 
So I'm thinking, Hey we were talking about Temeca the other day. I wonder if its the same one. Its probably not but I'll call her anyway. 
I call her. She answers. Lets see if I can describe this phone call.
Her: Hello?
Me: Hi this is the Sister Missionaries, how are you?
Her: Heyyyy! I am so glad you called! I have really been thinking about yall and wanted to see yall again.
Me: wait. what. really? Okay when can we meet up with you??
Her: Can you come tomorrow at 4? I work at Chili's and I get off at 4. Can you do that?
Me: Yes yes yes that works great for us!
Her: Good. Oh and make sure you call me before you come to make sure I'm getting home because I reeeeally want to meet with yall tomorrow. 
Me: Wow okay we can do that!
Her: Oh man you should see my face right now I have a grin from ear to ear. I am so happy you called. I have really been thinking about yall. 
 
and then we just said how exited we were to meet each other and said goodbye see ya tomorrow. 
 
LIKE WHAT. When does this ever happen?? never. 
Best phone call of my life.
 
So its tomorrow and we are PUMPED to go see Temeca. I was looking forward to it the whole day. We call her at 4, she was just getting off and was excited to see us still!! A whole day later!
 
We go over to her house and we sit down and talk. 
And this is one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. It was incredible. 
 
Her story briefly goes along the lines that she is 36 and lived in Marksville until recently. Her dad died in December and so her mom and her had to move to Alec in January to try to support themselves. She was meeting with the missionaries and going to church in Marksville and when she moved the sisters tried to keep up with her but Temeca was working crazy shifts, all day every single day at Chili's so they never had time to meet up. 
The sisters wrote her name and number in the area book and left it alone for other sisters to follow up on when she was ready. 
 
And thats exactly what happened! 
 
Her side of the story:
She is going through a rough time since her dad died. She has been in the wrong sort of crowd and when her dad died she had to grow up real fast because now she needed to help support herself and fully support her mom. When she first moved to Alec she was overwhelmed and working so much and was just trying to figure everything out. Its several months later and she has been adjusting and really wanting to make changes to come closer to God. 
The night we called her, she was just laying in bed really sad a depressed and having a really really hard day at work but also thinking about how she wants to change and doesn't know what to do. Basically just feeling lost. 
The last thing she wanted was to have the phone ring and talk to anyone. 
But the phone rang and when she looked to see who it was and saw it was us, her first reaction was, "seriously I cant right now.".
But then something touched her that said, "no. This is exactly what you need."
So she listened and answered the phone. 
 
isn't that amazing? wow. 
So after she told us her version we talked to her about how God is aware of each of us and knows what we need way more than we do. Temeca has a huge desire to come to Christ and to change her whole life to do the things God wants for her. It was not the time back in January, but we know by Temeca's desire and new focus that it is definitely her time now.
The Spirit was so strong during this lesson. I felt very impressed just to tell her how happy her Heavenly Father is that she is choosing to do things that are bringing her closer to Him. That her Heavenly Father is so. proud. of her.  The whole time we were talking Temeca was just crying and crying. 
 
One of my absolutely favorite things about being a missionary is these moments. Because I am an authorized and set apart messenger of God and representative of Jesus Christ, sometimes I get to feel just a little portion of what God feels for the people we meet and talk to. 
I had so much love for Temeca while we were talking that I knew it was Heavenly Fathers love for Temeca that he was letting me feel and told me to tell her about it. 
I can't even explain how great and special this experience was! I know God has great plans for Temeca and I know Temeca will listen!
 
Something else cool is that ever since Temeca opened that door the first time, I feel like we connected. I feel so comfortable around her and it just feels like she's my best friend already! I'm excited to see where this relationship goes :) i <3 temeca
 
Anyways. Since then we have met with her only a couple of times because guess what!
She just found out that she's expecting her first baby! what what! and guess what. her body does NOT like being pregnant. 
She is so so so sick that she can't get up, she can't go to work, she can't move! and this is bad. She had to sell her car to pay her light bill that was due this week. prayers that she gets better!
 
But she is really excited and we are excited for her. We talked about how this could be a blessing in disguise because this baby now fuels her to be even better. She is going to have someone to take care of now, and be an example for. Also she recognized that this will help her stop smoking and be clean for the pregnancy. 
 
So there ya go. 
Blessings.
God knows what we need. :)
Temeca is set to be baptized on October 1st 2016
I love Temeca so much and I know God is aware of her completely. 
I love being a missionary and being on God's team.
xoxoxoxox
ILOVEYALL
sister sades
 
srry no pictures :(   (my camera broke)

No comments:

Post a Comment