Monday, May 23, 2016

lux life in Alec‏

GOOOOD MORRNING MY SUNSHINES!
 
This week has been a blur but its also felt like the longest week ever. Mission time is literally the weirdest. 

But I would like to tell yall that I am currently sitting in normal people clothes on a very comfy recliner. So if that is any indication about how wonderful this transfer is going to be... its going to be rad. 

OH WAIT. I already know its going to be rad because..
1. I already know my companion and she is super rad. 
2. YALL KNOW MY COMPANION TOO
 
 
SISTER PFLEGER
(p is silent, hard g)
Also Kylie Andersons Bff
Also Mom went on a date with her dad
Also I'm sure we have alot more connections but I just don't know them
Also an Idahomie. We talk about Idaho and Boise all. the. time. who knew in your daily conversations you reference home so much and then its so exciting when they actually know what you're talking about! YAY. 
I love her already. so so so happy and excited for this transfer :)
Idahomies. We looked up each others houses on googlemaps.
 then we found Kylies house. Laughs for dayyyzzz. #seriousBoiseprideupinhurr
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ALSO
I am in Alexandria, Louisiana! nickname Alec
Alexandria is one of the northern most areas in the mission but since our mission doesn't go all the way to the top of LA, when you look at a map Alec is in central Louisiana. Its very low populated and country. A huge adjustment from what I'm used to! But I love it already! :)

and the Alexandria Sisters are so so spoiled. 
We get to live with a wonderful family!! 

 
the Green farm
 
The Greens were out of town this weekend so we had chicken duty!
 
chickens also for dayzz
not pictured is the two cats that live on the back porch. life=complete
We live in the upstairs loft area of Garry and Robin Green aka Pop and Hunny aka probably the sweetest people I know. They are really our pseudo parents here and would love to do anything for us. They are very special people. probs going straight to the Celestial kingdom sooo...

But really. We live in luxury which is a huge contrast as well! We have queen sized beds to ourselves, wonderful couches, access to a pantry and a big kitchen... like wow. #whataretermitesagain?

As for the STLing we haven't started those responsibilities yet! 
We will have MLC aka Missionary Leadership Council in the mission home in Baton Rouge every first Wednesday of the month. 
We have to do a little presentation in ZTM aka Zone Training Meeting once a transfer from what we learned in MLC
We have 4 sisters in our zone that we will do exchanges with once a transfer.
and then we just get to be BFFs with the sisters in our zone! be their friend, listening, support system and such. 
and other than that we are normal missionaries and get to work extra hard to make our area and teaching exemplary for the sisters to learn from. 
Woohoo!! I'm super excited about that! 
Like really. I cant tell you how excited I am to meet more sisters and make friends :) yay

As for missionary work... Its not the lux life this week.
This week has really been a struggle in that aspect. We got lost several times, made goals, spent hours talking about the area and people, got cancelled on times a billion.. Its the Transfer Week Curse and it stops for no one. 
But in reality. Even though it was a bummer and we really felt useless, I think it was intervention from Heavenly Father.

Transfers are so many emotions!
Sad to say goodbye to your companion and all the friends you made
Excited to move on to different places
Anxious of the unknown comp and area
Pure stress to pack all your stuff
Exhaustion from packing and driving and emotions
Getting your heart ripped out when you actually leave the area and companion
Happy to see old friends
Adrenaline getting to the new area and new comp
Realizing everything is unfamiliar and you know nothing
Having to be the new one again
Satisfaction of having some very successful conversations with strangers
Extreme awkwardness of having not so successful convos
Excitement for new goals and ready to work hard

There is just so much going on and we really had a chance to slow down and think about what we want in this transfer and to really get to know each other.

It has been such a blessing to be apart of the work in Covington 
and it will be a crazy adventure to be here in Alexandria!

But already seeing blessings and divine guidance! 
I love Alec
I love Sister Pfleger
I love being a missionary
I love yall
I love new starts alot
I love church
I love summer
I love my Savior
I love yalls advice
I love life
I love YALL SO MUCH
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love 
Sister Sades
 
 
graffiti? wall art? gospel related? always.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment