Tuesday, May 17, 2016

goodbyes & termites‏

Welp. Its Transfers Week. 

And yet again I'm going to need a bunch of help from all my wise wise peeps. 

Soooo I'm getting transferred. 
We don't know where. and we don't know who. 
But we do know that I'm going to be an STL. A Sister Training Leader. 

I have alot alot of emotions going on.
1. because I love Covington! I have made so so so many good friends that I'm going to miss so much! The ward members are so kind and loving, our investigators are so fun and we've worked with them so much, the less-actives and seeing them start coming to church. ahhhhh. Its like leaving home again. 
But I have been here for 6 months so I'm ready to meet new everyone and everything :)
Some of the faves <3 The ORY's
adore them
 
2. because I love my companion! I adore Sister Steve so much. She started as a daughter but she has grown and changed so much and is now ending as someone that I really learn from. Seeing her progression has been so cool and I know that she will do absolutely amazing with taking over Covington and taking care of everyone here. She is such an amazing sister and person I'm so so happy that we are friends for life now! I'm gong to miss her so much and I have loved getting to know everything about her. 
But that means that I get to become bffs with another amazing sista friend :)

3. because um HELLO. this will be my first time getting transferred.
Packing and saying goodbye is very sad and very stressful.
But I have an awesome companion who is so willing to run around with me and help me pack :)

4. because um WOW. I'm going to go to my first new area and I'm not going to be a normal missionary! I have to learn who and where everyone is and what to do very speedily so that I can go on exchanges with other sisters to my new area as well as be an example of how to teach and model missionary work. That's alot of pressure. 
But I know that my Heavenly Father knows me and what I'm capable of. He knows the people in my new area and that He loves them so much. He knows what I need to do and who I need to meet so that I can find my purpose in my area. I will turn to Him so that I can be lead and guided to have the Spirit even more to know what He wants me to do. My only goal is to be an instrument for Him so that He can depend on me. I'm so excited to learn from the sisters who will come and to really stretch and grow so that I can be the missionary I want to be! 
Yay for new adventures!! <3

4 and a half. Another call for help. PLEASE send me advice! I would love some more help from yall. I need some more wisdom and help for this next adventure! pls pls pls!

5. because I'm running on low sleep. 

 
STORY TIME:
This week was preeeetttyyyyyy eventful. in the unfortunate way. 

Wednesday night we get home from a wonderful time on exchanges with our STL's. We <3 them lots. 
So we get home in the evening and then we have an appointment so we go out again and don't come back until curfew. 
There was a nasty surprise waiting for us when we got home. 

For anyone planning on travelling Louisiana... NEVER go in May. EVER. 

Apparently there is such thing as "Swarming Season" and it happens in the spring time and lasts for 3-7 days. 
Swarming Season is an absolutely terrifying experience where every single nasty termite in the entire world decides to come out of the ground and trees and wherever the heck they are all at the same exact time and they will find any and every way to get into your house and lights. 
but all they do is annoy you.
They create a nasty bug wall around lights and stuff and get into houses and then they shed their wings and die. thats it. 
This is what the swarming looks like
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So. if you can imagine. 
We come home at the end of a really long day and all we want to do is plan, take showers, and fall into bed.
Instead we come home, open the door, and scream because there is 5 billion dead (and some alive) termites inside our house. 
in our couch
in our stairway
in our closets
in our dresser
in our clothes
covering our bathroom
covering our study desks
etc, etc.... 
must I go on. 
It was probably the worst experience of my life. 
I think the most tragic part was that we didn't get to bed until midnight. 
And still woke up at 6:30
#crying
it was a rough night and hard to wake up but studying in style

But we got to stay in a members home in Mandeville. 
And it was a mansion so thats all good. 
#notworthitbutmakesitbetter
the mansion we got to stay in #thanksdonahues

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our substitute humble abode 
 
our nasty apartment. PS shout out to Mom and Kort for the package I got Wednesday afternoon and put in the car. It was the only clothes I had and it saved my missionary bum 
update: we are back in our apartment after 2 nights away and 3 days of cleaning. 
update again. We are still cleaning up the little devils everyday.
 
aaaanyways. 
Goodbyes stink.
New adventures are fun.
I love yall so much. 
I love serving my Heavenly Father and testifying of my Savior. 
I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here. (preferrably termite free though)
And I wouldn't want any other family but yall. 
I LAVA YALL SO MUCH
xoxoxoxoxo
Sister Sades
 
The goodbye party to the leaving missionaries and the Croppers! Our WML
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment