Monday, May 2, 2016

6 days‏

HEY FAMILIA.
So I get to see yalls faces in literally 6 days.
I'm stoked yall. 
Flipping out. 

Sorry if this is short but I'm saving some stories for skype!!
For example the pictures of the turtle. 
We had a turtle saving adventure this week and it was probably the funniest thing of my life. 
So Sister Steve and I are going to wait to tell yall on skype. :)))
So keep these pictures handy for sunday :))))

 
 
 
 
 
But we had a VERY good week this week! 
We had lots of lessons and appointments and alot of them stayed and the people were there and they listened and it was fantastic. 

We have an intestigator.
Her name is Donna Hayes. 
She is 63.
She is the skinniest 63 year old I know.
She's also the craziest lady I know.
She's also the sweetest.
She's also the energetic.
She also has one eye.
She also has been a street missionary and motorcycle minister for 35 years.
She will literally talk your ear off.
She witnesses of Jesus Christ everywhere she goes.
I met her on probably my 2nd or 3rd week in Covington and she was actively against religion and churches. 
We met up with her again about 3 weeks ago.
 
She is getting baptized on May 14th. 
For suresies.

Yall this is a huge deal.
A baptism?
In Louisiana?
Nahh. 
YES. 
Donna Hayes is getting baptized!
 
She is so prepared because she listens to God. 
And whatever God tells her to do. 
She will always do it. 
 
So how did she go from actively against religion to having a baptismal date?
Our awesome ward.
 
We got her to church! 
We found her a ride and made sure she got to church.
And our ward took care of her.
The first thing she said about it was that she's never seen so many smiling faces in a church. Everyone was happy to be there! No one looked like they have been sucking on a lemon! (exact quotes) 
The lives of our members testified to her that this was what she had been searching for and that this is what God wanted for her. 
God told her to join our church so nothing is stopping her now!
We had to convince her to finish the lessons before just hopping in the font that's how ready she is. (maybe an exaggeration, but only slight) 
 
I'm so excited about this and it is a complete surprise but I'm so grateful and happy. 
Also transfers are May 18th. 
How blessed am I.
Like really blessed. 
Heavenly Father is so goood to me.
And yall. 
I am so strengthened by yalls emails every week and I'm really realizing what a unique blessing that is.
I LAVA YALL SO MUCH AND I WILL SEE YOU SOOON.
LIKE 6 DAYS SOON.
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
love 
sister sades
 
ps I also tried to get a picture with Donna but she's literally crazy so it didn't happen. 
I'll take a video this week because we will be meeting with her 3-4 times to get through the lessons. 
You will understand then :)))
 
 
Fancy restaurant appetizers. crab legs in fancy really good sauce
Our rad investigator Rob showing us his old house he grew up in
Wild West day at the Windsor <3
 
So we went to a cool Louisiana museum.
 
 
 
 
 
Now we are true Louisianans with fox tails and gator heads. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment