Monday, February 22, 2016

Training is everything it cracked up to be‏

WOOHOOOO!!!

I testify that what the subject line says is true. 

No but really. Training is pretty fun. 

But first I need to keep up a tradition from dear old Sister AJ

Ten facts about Sister Claira Hunter from Gridley, CA
1. She is a dance major at BYU Idaho
2. Also danced with Sister Myers (from PMG: The District videos) little sister at college #famousonlytomissionaries
3. She is really into weddings
4. also videography. 
5. she might put them together to make a job out of it as well as a dance studio when she gets home
6. Wants to take dancing as far as she can go. as in wants to try out for So You Think You Can Dance far. wat.
7. She rocks at burping. for serious
8. She enjoys making up her own recipes and concoctions with spices and stuff thats actually pretty good.
9. Is a firm believer in six months to sexy
10. I'm going to miss her alot!

Woohoo! Now Sister Hunter is in Alexandria aka the boonies way farthest away part of the mission as a Sister Training Leader. 

Being adorbs o' course




nowwwww introducing 
SISTER STEVENSON! 
She's from Deweyville, Utah and she is straight outta the MTC.
Man she has a really great attitude about being new though. That is something that definitely makes being new a lot easier.

Fun story that is one of my favorites ever about Sister Stevenson's very first day in Louisiana as a missionary:
February 17, 2016
Wednesday

Every Wednesday night a less active family, the Nolans, feeds the sisters at 5 and the elders at 6 since we can't eat at the same dinner appointment. 
They love the missionaries and we love them! They are so cool! Very redneck and so good to us. They're hilarious. 

So its Wednesday night and we finish tracting during the day and go to the Nolans for dinner. 
Guess whats for dinner. 
Guess. 
Guess. 
You'll never guess. 
Its the perfect first day food for Louisiana. 

Nolans Menu:
Gator Tail boiled in crab boil with potatoes and mushrooms
Fried Chicken Liver
Fried Gizzards
Fried mushrooms

falling off the vertebrae mmmmmmmmm! :)))


mmmmmmmmmm! PERF first day food right!
I thought everything was reaally really good! Not even kidding. The Nolans are pro Southern cooks. Alligator tail cooked to perfect tenderness falling off the bone... mushrooms full of flavor. mmmm :) One of the best meals I had in a while.

Poor Sister Stevenson on the other hand..... :) Dang. Rough night for her haha She did great though! Very polite and ate everything! 


Sister Stevenson's polite reaction hahaha There is a potato, small things next to it is the fried gizzards (hard and chewy), next to that is fried mushrooms, then fried chicken liver (softer than gizzards but still very firm), then gator tail! 

Can you say culture shock though?  Gotta love the Nolans :)

But I do love Sister Stevenson! She has a good attitude about being new, she's able to talk to everyone, she has jumped right in with teaching and we have a really good time with role playing different investigators and doing door approaches on each other. I've had a really good time with it. Kind of surprising her with what some people in the south say and do :) She's a great sport. 

Also a great sport about meeting our billion investigators and friends and members of the ward! She's doing really well and she'll do fab in the mission. 

I'm super blessed to be her mama. I love training. I hope I train my whole mission. 
But I couldn't have done it without yall! I really appreciate the encouragement and advice yall have sent me! and if you have more please keep it coming! 

Update:
Emily is choosing a new baptismal date for March! We have left it to her to be the judge of what she wants to do with her parental situation but she knows that she has SO much support from us and the Browns and the ward. 
She had to leave after sacrament meeting the day she bore her testimony but the last 2 hours we had so many ward members tell us how cool and inspiring that was, offering support and FHE's in their homes. It was a great out pouring of love and support. 
I love the LDS community. 

Yesterday at church we had one of our eternigators come (eternity investigator). It was another cool experience. I was teaching Gospel Principles this week so he was originally only going to stay for the first two hours. But then he decided to stay for a bit of Priesthood. He ended up talking to the Bishop for the entire hour and was so happy that he came to church!
We got to debrief with the bishop about what he thought we should do about Rob: keep teaching him or drop him
It was very cool to see his perspective and what he was prompted to talk about with Rob. 
Dang I love the Spirit.

I also love my mission. 
I love yall alot
I love Louisiana alot too. 
I guess I'm just full of love!
I LAVA YALL!
Sister Sades

Cheese buckets:
The sunsets on the final day together as this district. its been a good ride.



the natural habitat 




No comments:

Post a Comment