Monday, February 8, 2016

Mardi Gras Child Miracle‏

Wow yesterday we had an absolutely amazing experience with Emily! 
Catch-up: Emily is our 17 year old investigator with a baptismal date. She turns 18 on Tuesday. aka Mardi Gras
We had a lesson with her this week on the law of the fast. All three of us decided to fast this Sunday specifically for her parents, that their hearts may be softened, that she will be able to talk with them about religion, and that they can accept her research of our church and her baptism. It was a very sincere cause.
She came to church yesterday and we sat next to her. During the bearing of testimonies, Sister Hunter leans over and says, "Hey it would be cool if you did that."
Emily says "I don't even know what I would say!" 
Hey that is not a No!!! So we whip out a sticky note and give her a very basic outline. 

[Hello, introduce yourself.
I would like to bear my testimony....
I know....
I believe...
I'm grateful for...
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.]

Something about Emily is that is pretty shy. When you get to know her she is not shy at all! But ya know pretty shy, wouldn't think she would ever get up in front of a crowd. Ever.
But she doesn't shut us down so all three of us go up to the stand and sit down to wait to bear our testimonies. I don't know if that was a good idea or not because Emily got to have a good long look at how many people were in the congregation! Quite a bit! 
But Sister Hunter goes first and gives a great testimony about the sacrament. During her testimony I was sitting next to Emily on the stand and Emily is so nervous. She grabs my hand and she is shaking. Yall I can't tell ya how nervous she is. But Sister Hunter finishes and its Emily's turn. I let go of her hand so she can get up. 
And she doesn't. 
She looks at me panicked and says "I can't stand up. I want to go but I can't get up."
I say a little prayer in my heart and say "Hey, I'll stand up there with you."
I stand up and thankfully Emily stands up with me. She goes to the pulpit and I stand a little off to the side. 
Yall Emily gave the most beautiful testimony I've heard in a good minute.

This is the jist of her testimony she bore in sacrament meeting in front of 200 people.
She introduces herself, Emily Green, I've been meeting with the Sister Hunter & Sister Belnap for about 2 months. Its been really good. I know that God answers prayers. I have seen it work in my family as I have been praying. I have been thinking a lot about the decision to be baptized and as I'm thinking more about it, I think this will be one of the most important decisions of my life. I believe that the this church is the true church and its right for me. I am really appreciative of all the love and support I have already felt from this ward. I feel like I have a lot more things I want to say but I can't think of them but I really love this church. So I guess I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


what. 
That is a brief overview. It was actually much longer than that. It was several minutes.
Everything we ever hoped for and more? absolutely. 
Is Emily a miracle and so prepared to accept? undeniably. 
Is my heart so full I could barely get the words to come out during my testimony after hers? of course. 
Dang I love Emily so much.
I'm so grateful for this area. 
The Activity Day Girls invited us to their activity for a Valentines surprise! They wrote down a bunch of questions for us to answer about mission life. It was so cute. They also gave us Valentine frosted cookies and a big card that they all signed. 
Everything similar to "Happy V-Day!" 
"You're awesome!"
"Thank you for your service!"
And my favorite,
"I'm sorry your away from your family on Valentines day but for now just for a little bit can you pretend that the ward is your family....... -Activity Day Girl, Kaelyn"

Much love from Louisiana, the only place where in the closing prayer we hear a sincere prayer that everyone can have a fun and safe Mardi Gras this week. 
Me too, Sister. Me. Too. 

I lava yall!! 
xoxoxoxoxo
Sister Sades

Pure LA <3






No comments:

Post a Comment