Tuesday, February 16, 2016

scared but blessings from heaven‏

Hey fam. 

Wow. 
I don't even know what to say right now. 

My heart is very full! and this week, scratch that. These next THREE MONTHS I am really really really going to need yalls help. 
Yep. I am asking for an other strong pull of your angelic help from all of yall and anyone else out there. I'm SERIOUS!!

PLEASE HELP.

So this week is transfers. Obviously. P-day is on Tuesday. But we got transfer news.
Sister Hunter is leaving to be an STL for her very last transfer and I am taking over the Covington area. My first area. Taking it over. 

Also I'm training.


A new missionary. I will be the first companion of a fresh missionary. IM GOING TO HAVE A DAUGHTER. A brand new sister straight from the MTC. JUST LIKE ME. I just left the MTC last week!!

Oh my heavens. I'm very excited but am feeling very inadequate of course. But it has been quite a cool experience. I had the Spirit testify and prepare me before I got the call that I was training. 

Wow. My heart is so full right now. I don't know if I can express it well but I'll try.

So yesterday we were on lock down because of bad thunderstorms and tornado watch but man. nothing beats a Southern post-storm sky.
I am not surprised to be training. 
I hoped it wouldn't be true, yes! But I'm not surprised. 
I know Heavenly Father was looking out for me this week because the Spirit testified to me and has started preparing me to be ready for this new sister. 

Heavenly Father saying you can do it
This last week transfer predictions came up of course and I've never seen the point in them but I'll listen. I don't remember too much but several people brought up training. For some reason (aka the Spirit) I couldn't get it off my brain. 
"I love you"
Since I started my mission I have had a running list of what kind of missionary I wanted to be and what kind of companion I wanted to be. Its list of  character traits and what things to do to be the best I could, things I saw in others I want to emulate or not. This week I have added 'What kind of TRAINER do I want to be:' I don't know why (aka the Spirit) but I added more and more ideas to this list. I have ALWAYS had a strong desire to train new missionaries because I love the idea of shaping the new generations of missionaries, being able to shape the start of a new missionaries mission, and in turn making the mission even better with more consecrated missionaries that starts with training. 
One night just a couple nights ago, my own trainer was thinking and talking about how many sisters are coming in to the mission this transfer and as we were settling down to go to sleep she just straight out said "I bet you're going to train!" 
Outside of our apartment
I, of course, brush it off completely because that is not unheard of but completely absurd since I am just completing my own training. I said to myself "my DREAM is to train but definitely after I have another transfer or 2 under my belt. I need to learn from more people before I teach someone."
As I'm thinking this trying to go to sleep.... my brain won't let it go! It starts thinking of what I would do if I DID train this transfer in Covington. What we would do first, what I would do differently, what I would make sure she understands about obedience..etc. Then I finally come to myself and tell my brain to cut it out! You're not training this transfer so just let it go and go to sleep dang it!
I get a sure answer. 
A little something comes to my brain and says "You're thinking of this because I have been trying to tell and prepare you all week that you ARE training."
I stop every function I'm doing and open my eyes. It hits me. 
I'm training. 

WOW. 
You betcha that the next morning I was on my knees praying and praying and adding more and more to that list from the Spirit. 

I'm so grateful for the Spirit. 
I'm so grateful for this experience so I know that God has a plan for every missionary. 
I'm so grateful for this experience so I know that I have a mission president is called of God and inspired. 
I'm very humbled and grateful for this opportunity of raising a new generation of missionaries. 
This is definitely one of those situations where the Lord doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called.
 
Miss Alfreda Smith! She is a lady that we met at when we went to the baptist church and then we saw her again at the post office! She chased us down in her wheelchair and gave us her name and number and told us to call her to go out to lunch. 
It happened this week and she brought us Valentines flowers and by the end of the night we had become her adopted 'chiren'. She is a gem. 


But I would really really appreciate a surplus of letters in the upcoming of weeks with advice.
And maybe even a couple to my daughter that you can give her love and encouragement because we know how wonderfully lonely the first couple weeks of the mission are.
I'm feeling very happy that I get this blessing of a new sister but very inadequate. 
anyone and everyone that has advice PLEASE send it!

I love yall so much. I really do. 
I'm super grateful for yalls example to me. and for how yall have shaped my life. 
xoxoxoxoxox pray for me
Sister Sades


Being a top ramen connoisseur. I made top ramen then put it in three separate bowls. then Sister Hunter gets to put whatever spices in it she wants. We have Garlicy, Thai (with peanut butter in it, interestingly weird but good) and then my regular with creole seasoning
Hey. gotta make things fun
Kastleburgers at 9pm after Sat night adult sesh of Stake Conference!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment