Tuesday, November 1, 2016

jam packed w goodness

Well family. 
Are you ready for some craziness? 
bc this week was one huge non stop party. 
literally non stop party. 
guess how many pictures I took this week?
you'll never guess. 
I took 400 pictures this week. 
Yep. 

and then we also have transfer news. 
and its kind of a doozy. 

so first things first heres our week!
jokes. I won't be a brat. I know yall are all going to just go right to the big letters and skip all this ramble. but if you didn't and you keep reading this ramble I'm really proud of you because you have alot of self control and by now I think even my own curiosity would make me skip to the transfer news. but if youre still reading for the first time through.... go you. ;)

TRANSFER NEWS
wow. okay so this is whats going on.
I'm getting transferred. I'm leaving Alexandria.
Sister Fristoe is staying in alec and being STL
In mission lingo, I am being pink-washed, doubled in training.
AKA that means, I am going training a brand new sister in a brand new area to sisters. The description I got from PHansen was that I would be taking a new sister to a branch that has never had sisters. At least since he has been mission President. Its a good branch but it needs some good strong sisters. 

So. Here we go! Off to yet another adventure that I really need help with!
First I needed help with being a missionary. being trained.
Next changes I needed help learning how to train another sister.
Next transfer I needed help learning to be an STL.
Now I need help with yalls knowledge. Whether its missionary knowledge, auxiliary leader knowledge, ward member knowledge or ANYTHING. 

I will be starting in a brand new area neither of us knowing anyone. 
Where in the world do we start?
As ward members, what would yall appreciate with new missionaries?
basically I'm still wrapping my brain around it as well as being in a little branch. 
So seriously.
Any advice you have. 
PLEASE HELP AND SEND IT. I NEED IT ALL.

anyways. more to come. 
pray for me and this precious new sister :) 

Here's my past week:
 
 
DAY 1: MONDAY
setting: p day
We had a halloween pday so we dressed up and met up with the elders to have a costumed nerf war and carve pumpkins!
here are our awesome costumes.
Pocahontas and Meeko the raccoon sidekick :)
ps shout out to Kortney for the sweet raccoon hat created and mailed 5 days.
 
 
 
natural habitat?
 
nerf war! the elders were lame and didn't dress up. but they made up for it by building a fort :)
 
Carving pumpkins!!! classic. 
update. the carved pumpkins only lasted 2-3 days on the porch before it turned nasty and moldy. soo.... 
 
STILL DAY 1: monday evening
setting: down the road
This house is just down the road from our church building. They go ALL OUT for Christmas. 
long story short they are on a TV show airing the 1st or 2nd week of December on ABC and they needed an audience when they filmed it. So the church offered up their parking lot for people to park in and walk over so naturally all the church members got invited to be extras or audience members for the filming of this TV show. 
RAD RIGHT. IT WAS AWESOME. 
talked to alot alot of people, had a great time, and also probably got to be on TV! (we aren't allowed to say anything about it yet but remind me in December to tell yall what TV show so yall can find me in it!)
 
 
its was a big deal!
 
 
DAY 2: TUESDAY 
setting: district meeting
We had a halloween district meeting as well. 
We had a different costume for this one. 

Meet Sister Payne and Sister Meyers from The District 1.
The District is a show/video clips that all new missionaries and their trainers have to watch while they are training aka their first 12 weeks. 
These sisters are from back in the day and they are fluent in the soft sister missionary voice, and they have the clothes from the old mission standards and its just bad. We learn alot don't get me wrong! but.... wow. some points it is painful to watch. 
Here is Sister Payne and Sister Meyers, respectively 
 
 
Here is Sister Payne and Sister Meyers 2.0
 
We looked pretty dang good if I can toot our own horns for a second. 
We dressed like this for District Meeting on Tuesday with just our District.
We dressed like this for MLC on Wednesday with the leaders of the mission.
We dressed like this for ZTM on Friday with our zone. 
It was hilarious.
 
Here is our tuesday district meeting.
It was a funeral for Elder Porter. 
A great elder that we all learned alot from. 
He will be missed........
he is going home. :( poor man.
 
 
DAY 3: Wednesday
setting: MLC & wards halloween carnival
The Sister Meyers and Sister Payne picture was the only picture from MLC because it was kind of last minute late notice meeting. MLC was wonderful as ever!
Then we went straight back and to the Combined Halloween Carnival!
It was great!
We changed into Pocahontas and Meeko.
Failed and didn't take that many pictures and also failed and forgot my name tag. #whoamI?
 
 
DAY 4: THURSDAY
Setting: the ZOO
A less active in our ward is the Director at the Zoo so she calls us to volunteer when there is activities at the zoo. This week was the ZOO BOO. 
The first time we went we were personal photographers that took a family picture for them on their own phone :) it was really fun. SO MANY PEOPLE. about 1000 for night one.
What we took pictures of. People with the Slimer from Ghostbusters
 
 
when there wasn't anyone there we got our own pics :)
 
said goodbye to a millionnnnnn people this week :((((( 
This is Christlee from the Manna house a place we do service at. I LOVE HER
 
DAY 5: FRIDAY
was the last zone meeting 
Here are our wonderful sisters
our prompt: pose like something out of The District
The homies <3
 
ENJOY THESE FALL PICTURES <3333
WE GOT A LITTLE CRAZY
 
 
 
 
 
DAY 6: SATURDAY
setting: back at the zoo + the elders this time
the elders loved being superheros. they were famous and all the kids wanted to get their picture taken! 
 
 
 we worked the gift shop and once we were done we got to go through their line and get our own pictures!
 
 
 
 
 
 
DAY 7: MONDAY HALLOWEEN
Went and said goodbye to alot of people. 
last jeep ride with pop. 
love him to death. 
love this area so much
 
 
 
 
DAY NUMBER I FORGOT: SUNDAY
said goodbye to alot more people.
wonderful time at church with both primary programs.
had dinner with a family and they made us stuffed jack 'o lantern bell peppers. SO CUTE
 
 
But moral of the story is I love this area. Sad to leave but SO EXCITED TO TRAIN AGAIN. 
send me your advice!
we are having a party at the greens tonight with my favorite people from both wards. I love my mission and I love my life and I love yall

xoxoxoxoxo 
sister sades
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment