Monday, October 17, 2016

working on changing

hey yalllll! 

This week we had a fun busy week! I think I'll have to take you day by day so you can catch a glimpse of my life :)

Tuesday: we had zone conference! It was wonderful of course. I loved our mission presidents wife, Sister Hansen's instruction, she also talked about it at MLC. It was about trying to create and build Zion in our mission and ways we can work together and watch out for each other. Basically about being our brother's keeper. It was incredible. 
This is the talk she based it off of and I have listened and listened to this talk because its so powerful and applicable! 
check it out:
our fabulous zone. <3 love love love them. will miss them bunches
right after zone conference we left straight onto exchanges! we had another batch of back to back exchanges. Thankfully this time we had a night in between. 

But I got to stay in Alexandria both times and be with Sister Gelwix and Sister Romney both from Washington and both in their 4th week in the mission. 
Leesville exchanges :)
I love exchanges so much. I learn so much from these sisters. 
I loved feeling their love, passion, and excitement for the rest of their mission. It helps me so much to keep my perspective of where I have come from and also where I want to be. What goals I made at the beginning of my mission and how I can refocus myself to reach those goals.
goal 1: be completely changed by the atonement
goal 2: be genuine
goal 3. be exactly obedient
 
hold me accountable yall :)
 
Friday after exchanges were over we went over to our homie Kady's house. 
Kady is an 18 year old less active youth from a very active family. 
She's been living w her high school bf since she graduated in May, she just got married in July, and they just had their reception on Saturday. 
Kady the bride :)

Kady has had a rough go with the church. She has her reasons for being less active. She has alot of healing to go through and who knows when that will happen. 
But a true miracle for us is that we have been able to befriend Kady by a true miracle and by spirit-ledness. 

We were able to spend alot of Friday with her cleaning up and setting up and getting ready for her reception. I know her heart was softened by this and she opens up more and more each time we see her. 
the reception partiers :)
We came to her reception on Saturday and was finally able to meet her husband and it was a wonderful time and a wonderful casual environment. 
This isn't too much of a story but this is just a testimony to me that we are not always the reapers. We aren't always getting the baptisms, always getting the lessactives to recognize a huge break through and come to church, not always seeing the results. 
But always always making small differences.
 
and thats all life and the gospel is about. 
Sometimes we get to be there for the baptisms, and for the less actives reactivation, and for the huge leaps and bounds of progress. 
 
but lots of times we just do the small things that make the small differences that make ALL the difference down the road. 
We just try to be better than we are the day before. 
A constant work in progress.
 
Anyways. 
Not too many things to report this week just a whole lotta love for this blessing and opportunity to be learning lots on this mission :)
I love yall and your wonderful outpouring of support and love. yalls kind words and emails and prayers and thoughts and everything mean more than you can ever know!
I LOVE YALL
xoxxoxoxxoxo
sister sades
[small] bonfire-ing with my la people
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment