Monday, July 18, 2016

sister amezcua

Story time: Revolves around this photo.
Sister Amezcua with our classy speed limit sign #welcometotheghetto
 
 
 
Backstory:
 Meet my mission bff. 
Sister Sarah Louise Amezcua
I love her so much. If you remember last transfer, Sister Amezcua and I went on an exchange last transfer because that is who I felt that I needed to be with. It was a wonderful, hardworking exchange and we had both heard alot about each other and admired each other SO much but we had never met! 
We became instant friends but at the end of our exchange we had a ton of fun but didn't really know the purpose of the exchange. We felt like it was just a beginning to a great friendship. 
 
Fast forward 6 weeks, several zone conferences, and seeing each other later...
We come to our next exchange! 
As I was praying about who I needed to be with my mind was trying to think logically and that I needed to be with Sister Amezcua's companion, Sister Thomas, since I was with Sister Amezcua last time. But I just couldn't feel an answer of where I needed to be and it was really getting me concerned!
 
We planned to do our exchange after our Zone Conference. It just worked out that Sister Thomas and I sat next to each other during Zone Conference so I was thinking about it the whole time! And I couldn't find a decision!! 
 
Finally, after our meeting, everyone was waiting around because we got our cars inspected and we finished the meeting early but the car inspection guys weren't done yet. So those whose cars weren't finished were just talking. This was so important! 
 
Basically to make a long story short.... 
I was able to talk to Sister Amezcua for a little bit during this time to find out that she is having a really rough time. And because of the relationship we developed in the first exchange, the timing of our exchange, the Spirit, and several other factors we were able to go on a much needed second exchange together. 
What a special experience <3
One of my favorite things about Sister Amezcua is that she is fearless and just loves. 
This is where the story comes in. :)
 
So as we were talking about real things, riding in the car to go try to see a referral from the elders and as we were turning onto the road to go to his house we see this sign and laugh and laugh because its typical LA. 
But this time, wanting to make an adventure I pull over and we go over and take this cute/funny pic next to the sign!
 
Do you see this red/maroonish house on the side? 
 
Yes? good. as we were taking the picture and laughing a big man comes out of the door to see whats going on.
Not uncommon at all in LA. It was probably a little past 8 in the morning, still cool morning, and when its cooler (aka only 1000 degrees instead of 100000 degrees) everyone will be on the porches or in the streets. 
 
But instead of the casual greetings and letting the moment pass, Sister Amezcua marches right up and starts up a conversation with Mr. Ron and just loves him and just talks to him like he is her best friend!
 
Turns out Mr. Ron had a stroke a while back and is struggling with life but he always recognizes God's hand in his life. We were able to help him remember how much God has blessed him and remind him of God's unconditional love for him. 
 
Mr. Ron is not a small man. He is a big man. and he just cried.
Tears, streaming down his face. We prayed with him before we left and Sister Amezcua said the prayer. During this prayer I felt SO much love for Mr. Ron. 
But not my love. 
Not Sister Belnap love. 
Heavenly Fathers love.
I felt so much of Heavenly Fathers pure unconditional love for Mr. Ron.
And I let him know. 
And the Spirit was there.
 
I love love. 
I love Heavenly Father. 
And Heavenly Father loves us so so so much!
Sister Amezcua is a dream and I love her.
So happy to be in this mission with these people :)
LOVE YALL
sister sades

No comments:

Post a Comment