Monday, April 4, 2016

GC & temples & crawfish‏

Heelloooo familia! 

So obvi its transfer week. 
Woohooo! Get to stay training Sister Steve and in Covington! 
I guess we have alot more people to see and get baptized before we leave just yet :)

Anywhooozles. 
What even happened this week. It feels like it was forever long! 

We finished up the finality of the flood service!! So that was monumental.
We did one last trip to Robert and finished up cleaning up every single property that requested help!! So that is really really accomplishing. 
Last day doing service in Robert. :) sweetest lady ever. We showed her the #hallelujah video and bore testimony. It was a sweet experience!
Family picture. Sister Stevenson is the daughter (greenie), I'm the Mom (trainer), and Elder Ross is the Dad (District leader). (elder Decker is actually the Grandpa. He's my dad!)

 
There was a cockroach in our room. We tore our room apart in about 2 minutes flat. 
Exchanges in Zachary with these outstanding sisterss!! yay yay yay
 
 
Something really really fun this week was crawfish dayyy!!! 
I have been waiting for this day for a long tiiiiime. I had a taste of crawfish and the very early start of crawfish season when the crawfish were just little babies! They were so. so. good. I couldn't wait to get them again. 
FINALLY its crawfish day. 
Crawfish is alot of work for a tiiiiiny bit of meat! But its worth it and really yummmm. 
Peeling the crawfish is a true art (or so we get told a billion times) and its true. I had like 2 and a half trays of crawfish and it was totally worth it. mmmmhmm. Thats something unique that I will miss! It was so fun to hang out with all the old people and hear their stories and everything too. 
Crawfish day at the Windsor :))
Crawfish cookie cake = cute happiness

 
 
 
 
And of course. wow. General Conference was amazing. 

It was broadcasted at the church but we have bff member friends who invited us over! It was just like being with a family. And we got to sit on a couch :))))

I absolutely adored the emphasis on temples!! 
The temple is such a huge emphasis in my life and I just love love love that it was talked about in conference with 4 new temples on the way and when they're all dedicated 177 temples!! Incredible. 

I haven't been able to go to the temple since I have been in Louisiana! Its been the longest I haven't been to the temple in about... what 2 and a half years? dang. Its strange and I miss it alot. 

The temple has truly changed my life and it seems like we have actually been talking about it alot in the past week or two! It has been brought up about working in the temple and going to the temple. I love having that strong and firm testimony of the temple that is able to be shared with others. 

I loved the talk on refugees and President Uchtdorf's sweet sweet presence afterward. That was a little heart wrenching. That really brings up my desire again to do humanitarian work!! I don't have to think about it now but thats something I really would love to get involved in.

My heart strings were pulled when we saw President Monson, our wonderful prophet, in such a skinny state! But the faithful and heartfelt prayers were so tender and helps me to remember that universal aspect and love that everyone has for these leaders. 
Also that President Monson is a true prophet of God and that he still gives the best one liners that strike us all! 
"Choose the harder right rather than the easier wrong."
 
Also!! We got water from the Abita Spring today. Natural fresh water straight from a spring
tbh I'm pretty sure its the chamber of secrets
 
It was really cool and we feel pretty hipster.
 
I love the gospel and I love the leaders that guide us to do what the Lord would have us do!
I also love crawfish :)

I also love yalllll!!! Seems like a very easy going time right now.. laid back. thats the best kind of family time and I love it and yall!
But anywho. I'm sorry I've been so scattered and weird letters lately! What else would yall like to know about me or missionary life or what...? haha What should I write about?

I love you and you letters and packages more than you even know!
I LOVED IT. I should have videoed my reaction to the SUNSHINE that your package gave to my heart and my face! I love the sobes. I love the pictures. I love the letters. I love yall!
Live life and see good days!!
xoxoxoxo
Sister Sades
 
We thought we were flippin hilarious and found this on the side of the road and gave it to our Buddhist investigator. 
It was hilarious. I died laughing
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment