Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas skype date = success‏


We start with Tuesday! Normally we have a Correlation Meeting with our Ward Mission Leader every Tuesday night and he brings us dinner. But this week he was so so kind and took us all out to each with his cute family! SO KIND. We love the Croppers! cutest kids on the planet


Sister Hunter and I and the two elders in front of us, Elder Decker and Elder Barney, got the 4 different pizzas they had and shared. It was the best idea ever! 
top left: Elder Decker's Alligator Sausage pizza (third place)
top right: Elder Barney's Spinach and Oyster pizza (fourth place)
bottom left: Sister Hunter's Shrimp and Sausage pizza (second place)
bottom right: Sister Belnap's Crawfish Voodoo pizza (We all agreeed it was the best! 1st place!)
They were all delicious and we were so full
New Orleans Food and Spirits gets 5 stars!

Oh yea. and BLUEBELL IS BAAAAACK. This is such a big deal. I had it 4 different times this week in 4 different houses because everyone is so so happy its back in Louisiana. 
We signed up for a new volunteering opportunity and it is the best thing in the entire planet. It is for St Francis Animal Sanctuary and they are a no kill shelter. Guess what our job is. Playing with cats for 3 hours! AWWW YEAAAAH. BEST SERVICE HOURS EVER. We just get to hold and play with 26 cats to make them more friendly and cute so they will get adopted. they just jump up on your lap and cuddle with youuu! I love it! Heavenly Father loves meeeeee!
I didn't get a cute picture cuddling with cats this week but I will next week. They are toooo cute. 
But while we were there we found out that the Animal Sanctuary had some adorable puppies at Petsmart so we had to go see.
They were right. They were fluffy and adorable. 

I forgot to lock my heart against the heartmelting eyes of dogs. Especially this one!
This is Christmas eve! 
Christmas eve we had District Meeting and it was so fun! We had our meeting and spiritual thoughts then we had lots of fun. 
At the beginning of December we drew Secret Santa names and we all thoughtfully got a present for our person to give to them on Christmas eve. I drew Sister Hunter. SERIOUSLY. HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT. But I did it! I got her some really cute socks that she helped me pick our "for my sister" hehehehe she had zero idea and was so so surprised. Its was so funny. 
Then we just played games, we all brought pictures of our families and we ate and talked. 
Flipping through and back through you can see all of our personalities revealed so well through them. hehehe love it


 
 

The Christmas load + my corner of the room 


Christmas breakfast! My first time making hashbrowns and scrambled eggs. It actually turned out quite well :)

Then Christmas day! Skyping and kind members homes. We went to 3 homes after skyping on Christma



Then back to real life! This was Saturday. We are out of allotted car miles so we are biking. dang it  But this is what the back roads of Covington looks like! Its very beautiful! We were riding on an especially beautiful back road and decided to stop and take some pictures on the really cool fence.
Country rooooads taaake mee hoooome to the plaaace I beeelooooongggg!!! Louisianaaaaa dun dun dun duuuun.. I dont remember 
Looking both ways....Cool fence

Just having fun together!


Oh yea and Sister Hunter is a dancer. She's awesome.





I found out yesterday the trick to solving all your raccoon woes! 
Having trouble with a raccoon infestation?
tired of raccoons getting into your trash?
Or destroying your yard?
Just feed them cheap dog food and become friends! 

They are friendly and full and don't get into anything. They just become your friends and they are no longer afraid of you or you of them. They are quite cute!

One last picture of my festive room before it comes down featuring my lovely collection of Christmas cards and stockings


Oh and PS. This is where all of our presents were under our tree but I forgot to
take a picture before we ripped them open... #cheesin
LOVED IT




*sigh of happiness

That explains my week. 
But really. Skype was over the moon over the sun happiness and Christmas day was all I could dream of and more! It was so incredible to talk to yall and to see all the blessings that Heavenly Father has blessed my with this season! I still can't believe my Christmas package to yall got to you in 2 days so it would be there for our Christmas skype date. I mean wow! How much does Heavenly Father love me? TOO MUCH TO EXPLAIN.
Just an incredible day. 
Well since we just talked I have a nice picture letter set up for yall! It was an extremely chill week because of the holiday craziness as well as the extreme rainstorms we've been getting! It just pours and dumps and winds and whips. So it has been just a chill but happy week. 
We got a tornado warning this morning at 4am. We had quite the opposite experience than Audrey's first one. I didn't even wake up and Sister Hunter just shut it off. haha
Anyways, it was so so good to see your happy faces and to talk to yall! You make me smile brighter than the sun and feel so gooooood! My bucket is definitely full. Ready to get back to work and work til Mothers Day!
Enjoy these pictures with my face in them
i lava youuuu
xoxoxoxox
Sister Sades


We were on the christmas.mormon.org front page on the social media part!!!! Yea baby!












No comments:

Post a Comment