Monday, November 23, 2015

My family!‏

Hello my happy fam! 
Wowie. Life is crazy, right? Its so so crazy to see how long one week is. Like wow. I feel like its been months. 

WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE THIS MORNING AND IT WAS FANTASTIC AND I MISS IT SO MUCH. Every time I go to the temple Heavenly Father just likes to tell me he loves me! 
Sister Ostergar says "Tell your family I say hello. and that I love them even though I don't know them but I love you so I love them."
So yea. Thats a good way to start out a letter right? (cheesin) 
But that pretty much sums up our relationship! It's so fun to be companions with Sister O! Coming in the first day was so fun to see that we were companions since we already knew each other. 
Elder Jarrod and our companions. We see each other all the time! I also see Parker Hansen all the time and James Eldridge and Matt Powell





























First day with Sister Ostergar ft. the dreaded Dork Dot.
(means its your first day and everyone that sees you says
"Welcome to the MTC!")



Back story: 
When I was at BYU hawai'i I had a friend in my religion class named Sunny, we sat next to each other and she new about my mission call. About a month into school we see each other on campus and she says "Yo, my sister Bright just got her mission call to your same mission same day!" 
Like whaaaaaat. SO FUN. So of course we're going to be companions some time during the mish so we friended on the Facebook and the Instantgram and we were friends! (Sunny is the one I went and hiked Deadmans Catwalk with) So moral of the story, I already knew Sister O and it was like having an instant friend.

This is what we look like in class!







First day: 
Get dropped off, get awesome name tag, drop bags off at the res (residence hall), then go to the classroom to find new companion! GUESS WHAT. Sister Ostergar is my companion! Yay yay yay. We have got along so wonderfully and have just clicked. Many of her mannerisms and the way she moves her hands and fixes her glasses reminds me of Audge so its really fun. While I've been here I've just been imagining what Audge did here and what she learned and talked about. Its a fun connection the think about!
So my district is awesome. (for some reason our pictures are not working so thats so so so sad because I have lots of great pictures. We're going to see if they will work later.) But we have 4 elders and 4 sisters in our district and that's who I am around all the time. We eat together, have class and gym together, study in the same class, pretty much I have 7 companions. (giggles) but we are definitely like a family and I love them all so much! We already have plans to have a district reunion and go to one of the elder and his girlfriends wedding after the missions. 

Fam with the our signatures


Fam! most going to Fort worth TX
I just really love this one





we always have a good time


The sisters! Sisters Hovenier, Foster, me, Ostergar
Sister Foster (long dark hair) is from Los angeles and she is a fun sister. She is a great teacher and she's really fun. 
Sister Hovenier (short blonde hair thats not me) is 22 from Bellingham, WA. She is a convert of 2 years, has a twin sister, and has lived in foster care most of her life until she was adopted by her loving dad just like 2-4 years ago. She brings different interesting insights!
Elder Draper (tall, dark hair white elder) from Middleton, ID and he is the only other one coming to Louisiana with Sister O and I! (all the rest are going to Fortworth, TX)

cutest sisters ever

District fam on third day (beginning of becoming family)
Elder Nielsen (short, blonde) from Twin Falls ID is a rodeo star and so funny! He has the funniest laugh that makes us all laugh. He has the funniest sense of humor with a quick dry wit
Elder Bott (6'6 black man) is from Pleasant Grove, UT and is the loudest person I've met and also one of the sassiest but friendliest. He's the one that got us all comfortable with each other and broke the ice. Its a fun relationship! 
Elder Walkling (tall blonde) is from Seattle, WA and was extremely quiet and shy at the beginning but now he has this quiet humor that you have to be listening to to catch it and when he laughs you know its funny.
temple this morning! Such a blessing! Love love love (ps my shaka is catching on)

Something super cool is that Sister O and I are the Sister Training Leaders of our zone! We don't have any responsibilities yet because our old zone left supes early monday morning and the new district will come in TODAY. LIKE RN. We are extremely excited for the new district to come in! We are the veterans now and we will give them a tour tonight and make them feel comfortable and part of our zone family. I can't wait to meet them!


Baton Rouge sisters!
We have really been baptized by fire here! We learn so much everyday and we teach multiple lessons everyday. I love being a missionary!
Sunday temple walk! Trying to be pinteresty
Wowie I have so much I want to tell you guys in so little time! 
What else do you want to hear about? Hopefully I included alot of details. Thank you so so much for all the DearElders! I loved them so much! I also love the pictures! I love you all mucho mucho and I can't even express how much I appreciate yall for helping me prepare for the mission. Being here is still like drinking from a firehose but I feel a million times more prepared because of you guys. 
GUYS, THE NEXT TIME I EMAIL YOU WILL BE FROM LOUISIANA. SO HAPPY.
I lava you!
Sister Sades

t snowed BIG flakes ALLLL day on monday! SO cold but a fun adventure!

Sister Ostergar got the flu on Saturday night so we got to hang out all day on Sunday. She wasn't feeling well but it was still fun to talk and tell stories + some extra study time











No comments:

Post a Comment